In this article, we discuss a complete review of the ASUS RT-AX88U AX6000 router, one of the long-range dual band wifi routers, since it contains the latest Wi-Fi 6 standard, also known as 802.11ax.
With the new 802.11ax technology, the Asus RT-AX88U is capable of providing two times fast internet as the fastest routers you have been able to get yet.
For 4K streaming, online gaming and full home coverage, a fast and stable Internet connection is needed. That should be the new Asus RT-AX88U able to deliver.
As the first on the market, it comes with the brand new 802.11ax technology or Wi-Fi 6. It is the latest generation of wireless internet technology and marks a significant improvement, compared to the 802.11ac, which is the fastest, you have been able to experience
With a 1.8GHz 64-bit quad-core processor, the RT-AX88U is more powerful than many desktop computers. It is also equipped with eight Gigabit LAN ports and two USB ports.
Multiple RT-AX88U routers can be connected via Asus AiMesh, allowing you to create an AX-based mesh system in the home. AiMesh is powerful, flexible and you can use a mix of ASUS router model!
Technical Features of the ASUS RT-AX88U AX6000 router
- Next-Generation Wi-Fi 6: Increased Efficiency and Bandwidth
- Highest Wi-Fi data transfer rates: up to 6000 Mbps
- 4 antennas and 8 LAN ports: wide wireless coverage and support for multiple client devices simultaneously
- AiProtection Pro Information Security System Based on Trend Micro Technologies
- Compatible with ASUS AiMesh technology to create a mesh network to cover large homes
- Wireless: Compatible with 802.11a / b / g / n / ac / ax standards. In the 2.4GHz band we will achieve a speed of up to 1,148Mbps thanks to Wi-Fi 6, in the 5GHz band speed of up to 4804Mbps thanks to Wi-Fi 6. We will have a total of up to 6000Mbps of wireless bandwidth, Antennas are external and dual.
- CPU & Ethernet: Broadcom BCM4908KFEBG with quad-core 1.8GHz and NAT by hardware.
- Ethernet 2: Broadcom BCM53134SKFBG with Gigabit Ethernet ports
- RAM: 2 x Nanya NT5CC256M16EP-D1 with 512MB capacity each, therefore, we have 1GB of RAM in total.
- Flash: Winbond W29N02GVSIAF with 256MB capacity.
- 4GHz Wireless Controller: Broadcom BCM43684 with Wi-Fi AX 4T4R at 1,148Mbps
- 5GHz Wireless Controller: Broadcom BCM43684 with Wi-Fi AX 4T4R at 4804Mbps
- Power supply: It needs a current voltage of 19V and an intensity of 3.42A.
Recommended: Best Gaming Router 2020 – Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
ASUS RT-AX88U Powerful CPU
The RT-AX88U uses the top 64-bit quad-core processor with a frequency of 1.8 GHz, which can be compared in performance with conventional processors for desktop computers. Thanks to him, processing network packets, transferring data via USB and all other tasks are performed at an incredibly high speed.
Wifi Router for your home
As the number of devices connected to the Internet increases, the capacity of the current WiFi standard becomes insufficient. Future-proof technologies used in the latest 802.11ax standard improve the efficiency, speed and coverage of a Wi-Fi wireless network, and also help reduce the power consumption of devices connected to it. Its benefits will surely be appreciated by every user.
Higher speed and long Coverage
The RT-AX88U delivers a total network speed of 6,000Mbps. 1148Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 4804Mbps on the 5GHz band. This means that it is 2.3 times faster than a comparable 4 × 4 dual-band router with 802.11ac technology.
Thanks to OFDMA technology, dividing each channel into smaller sub-channels. It increased the WiFi signal range and up to 80% better coverage. It also provides up to 4X greater network capacity and full bandwidth utilization – lower latency.
Not only that, the new router can also minimize power consumption on the connected devices. Target Wake Time allows the RT-AX88U to schedule intervals where devices can transfer data. They can thus go to sleep when there is no need to wait for a router signal. It can reduce power consumption up to 7 times on various smart home products.
For Online Gaming
The speed of the online game depends on the route by which packets with its data are sent to the server. Wtfast’s Gamers Private Network technology is used to automatically optimize this route and minimize lags. The RT-AX88U also has the Adaptive QoS feature, which allows gaming applications to be given the highest priority when using the Internet channel.
Router RT-AX88U includes the AiProtection Pro information security system, based on the development of Trend Micro, which provides protection against Internet threats for all digital devices connected to it. Using the parental control function, you can specify the schedule for Internet access. It is also possible to completely block unwanted websites and mobile applications.
Eight Gigabit Ethernet ports make the RT-AX88U the ideal choice for users who have multiple wired devices: computers, network drives, etc. It is also great for organizing a LAN party.
Enjoy stable wifi connection while you are away from your router. A reliable radio signal over long distances is ensured by using several antennas and exclusive ASUS technologies (AiRadar and RangeBoost) – a stable high-speed Wi-Fi connection allows you to play games or work with comfort.
Whole Home Wifi System
ASUS wireless routers typically provide wide WiFi coverage with a stable signal in every corner of your home or apartment. However, many factors affect this, including the layout of the room, the material of the walls, and even the furniture. But even if the wireless network has “dead zones” with a weak, unreliable or completely absent signal, ASUS has a solution – this is AiMesh technology, which allows you to combine several ASUS routers into a single WiFi network for the whole house. Within the AiMesh mesh network, the user receives centralized control over all routers and “seamless” roaming – the transition from one node to another is carried out automatically. AiMesh Technology – A Smart Solution for a Modern Home!
The box contain follows:
- ASUS RT-AX88U Router
- 4 removable external antennas and with RP-SMA connector
- 19V and 2.37A / 3.42A current transformer
- Ethernet network cable
- Intel driver guide booklet
- WTFast Brochure
- Quick equipment installation guide
- Product guarantee